OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE IN NW ARKANSAS NEEDED
Apex Outdoor Sales represents some of the finest brands in the industry and we are looking for an Outside Sales Representative.
The ideal candidate has an extremely strong work ethic, lives in the Northwest Arkansas area, has Outside Sales experience, and is knowledgeable about the Outdoor Industry.
The sales representative with Apex Outdoor Sales is responsible for all aspects of sales and service within their specified territory such as business planning, making sales presentations, securing orders, training staff, and attending consumer events. Their focus will be on providing exceptional customer service that leads to building long-term business relationships.
• Schedule and execute sales presentations
• Collect orders and submit to vendors in a timely manner
• Establish and develop new accounts
• Forecast future sales goals and create objectives to meet those goals
• Submit quarterly sales and booking summaries for review
• Travel entire territory to visit accounts
• Schedule and conduct ongoing in-store training to retail staff
• Schedule and complete cross-territorial account service and submit timely service reports
• Attend applicable regional and national trade shows and sales meetings and participate in planning, setup, and tear down as
• Assist in maintenance and organization of office and showroom
• Monitor expenses and submit bi-weekly expense reports via Expensify.
• Support retailers and vendors at local and regional consumer events
• 2+ years’ work experience as member of the retail, buying and/or sales staff of a Retail store
• Ability to create positive relationships with a wide range of people, including business owners, buyers, managers, floor staff,
customer service representatives, and fellow sales reps
• Strong computer skills required, including proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and Word, as well as a general aptitude that allows for
learning business software provided by vendors
• Knowledge of, and participation in, key outdoor activities such as hiking, backpacking, climbing, and skiing.
• Specialty in footwear is a plus
• Must be able to travel extensively (up to two weeks at a time)
• Must be willing to work days that exceed standard business hours and weeks that exceed forty hours
• Must be able to travel to Sales meetings out of state for up to a week at a time. You will be responsible for keeping up with your
emails, communication, etc. during the time you are attending the sales meetings.
• Must have an appropriate vehicle
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Must have car insurance
• This is an Independent Contractor employee position. You are responsible for paying your own taxes, etc at the end of the year.
Job Location: Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri + parts of Oklahoma
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live in: Northwest Arkansas
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Experience Required: 2+ years